- Moon Express is founded.
- Awarded data purchase contract and partnered with NASA.
- Entered the Google Lunar XPRIZE.
- Worked with NASA to conduct first commercial flight demonstration on the Mighty Eagle Lander.
- Unveiled the innovative MX-1 lander.
- Selected by NASA as one of three industry partners to spur commercial cargo transportation capabilities to the surface of the Moon.
- Successful test flights of MTV-1 lunar lander.
- Announced multi-launch contract with Rocket Lab USA.
- Reached agreement with the U.S. Air Force to license Cape Canaveral Launch Complexes 17 and 18.
- Became the first private company authorized by the U.S. government under the requirements of the Outer Space Treaty to venture beyond Earth's orbit and land on the Moon.
- Expanded exploration architecture and goal to establish a permanent presence and lunar prospecting at the lunar south pole by 2020.
- Lunar Scout MX-1 expedition launched.
- Lunar Outpost MX-2 expedition launches to a “Peak of Eternal Light” at the Moon’s South Pole.
- International Lunar Observatory Association's ILO-1 expedition launches to the Moon's South Pole.
- Expedition “Harvest Moon” sets up permanent research outpost and returns first non-government lunar samples to Earth.